Enter the SouthBank Poetry
Under 18’s Poetry Competition
Our inaugural under 18s poetry competition – there are two categories – under 13 and 13 to 18
Age 13 to 18
1st prize – one year’s mentoring by editor Katherine Lockton, and publication (20 hours tutor time)
2nd prize – publication and 2 private poetry workshops for you and 3 friends
1st Prize – 2 private poetry workshops for you and 3 friends and a certificate signed by Katherine Lockton
The entry fees are £3 each
A quick and easy way to enter is online. You’ll be able to upload your poem entries from 20th January 2020 to 1st October 2020, and pay the appropriate entry fee securely. Enter the poetry competition on the form to the right.
When uploading please upload 2 files, one containing all your poems, with no name or contact details, and the second with all your contact details on.
If you experience any issues please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Another quick and easy way to enter is by post. Sending 2 copies of each poem entered. One copy with all your contact details on it and another copy that is anonymous, along with payment in the form of a cheque or postal order. Cheques should be made out to SOUTH BANK POETRY.
Rules of the competition
- Poems must be no more than 55 lines long excluding title, and be typed on A4 paper.
- Poems must be in English and your own original work.
- Poems may be on any subject
- The competition is open to anyone aged 18 or under.
- Poems must be typed, in English, unpublished, (They must not have been published, self-published or accepted for publication in print or online, broadcast, or have won or been placed in another competition at any time) have a title, and be your original work. No translations.
- All poems will be read and judged anonymously by Katherine, cannot be returned, and may not be altered after submission. The judge’s decisions are final.
- No person may win more than one prize.
- The copyright of each poem remains with the author, although the organizers have the right to publish winning and commended poems once, in a future issue of South Bank as well as online and on social media.
- No traveling or accommodation costs will be paid in connection with any prize awarded or attendance at any subsequent launch reading(s) of winning poems.